- This requires a PC or Mac with Sidequest installed. Sidequest is a free app that makes side loading easy.
- Make sure to uninstall any previous versions or you may get an error!
- If you have any scenes remember to back them up or they may be lost. You can copy them back onto the device after re-installing. Find them in “Internal shared storage\UE4Game\FluidGame\FluidGame\Scenes”.
- Download the latest Captain Hardcore Quest APK from Patreon. The file is zipped, so extract it to a folder on your PC.
- If you haven’t sideloaded before follow these steps to install Sidequest on your PC: https://sidequestvr.com/#/setup-howto
- Once Sidequest is set up and connected to your Quest click the “Install Apk file from folder” option (button in the top right of Sidequest window) and select the .apk, or just drag it into SideQuest. Check the current tasks in SideQuest and you’ll see it installing, it can take a couple of minutes.
- “CH_Quest” will then appear under “Unknown sources” in your library! You might need to close and re-open the library for it to appear.
- The first time you run the game it will ask for permission to read and write to storage, you must allow it for scene saving to work. If saving doesn’t work on first launch please restart the game.
UNINSTALLING OR UPDATING
- The easiest way to uninstall is to go to Unknown Sources, press the three dots on the right of the game then press uninstall.
- If you’re updating make sure you uninstall the previous version first. Then follow the installation instructions again to load the new version.
- Scenes shouldn’t be deleted when you uninstall but you may want to back them up just in case.
Scene files are saved in “Internal shared storage\UE4Game\FluidGame\FluidGame\Scenes”. You can share the .chs file in the Quest scenes channel on discord.
If you don’t want anyone to see Captain Hardcore in your library you can turn off developer mode to hide all side loaded apps.
Update 0.4 also makes it possible to lock the app with a pin code. If you forget the code you can delete the folder “Internal shared storage\UE4Game\FluidGame\FluidGame\Saved\SaveGames” to reset it.